WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff’s planning practice has people worldwide working on major infrastructure programs and projects in the transportation, power, mining, water, property and buildings , and industry sectors. WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, with its global resource base, has extensive knowledge and experience in the application of regional- or country-specific practices ranging from the U.S. Federal Transportation Administration’s New Starts/Small Starts programs and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) guidelines to application of European Union directives such as strategic environmental assessment as well as country-specific requirements whether in Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe or the Americas.
Specific services include:
- transportation planning
- placemaking and transit-oriented development
- environmental planning
- land use planning
- master planning
- town planning
- sustainability planning
- planning permitting and legal consents
- public consultation, stakeholder engagement and communication
- planning policy studies
- energy planning
- strategic environmental assessment/environmental compliance planning
- financial and economic planning and appraisal
- expert witness services
- environmental risk assessment
- project visualization
- intelligent transportation systems
- travel model research and development
- traffic engineering
- acoustics, vibration and air quality
We provide expertise in road, rail, transit, ports, and aviation as well as integrated planning and multimodal studies. Our work on policy development includes reviews of major projects and their strategic technical, environmental, and economic appraisal. Stakeholder engagement and tailored public consultation are prerequisites for the planning projects we undertake.
Consult our Environment page to find more information on our environmental expertise and capabilities.