Effective Date: June 15, 2015
U.S.-E.U and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor - Parsons Brinckerhoff complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Parsons Brinckerhoff has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Parsons Brinckerhoff's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should Contact Us.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent's or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information in accordance with the principles below.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so;
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you how we will collect and use your information;
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained;
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it;
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and we will ensure that any queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently; and
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
We will do our best to ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to protect your information. When you use our Website, we collect certain personal information about you. We also collect information about you from messages you send to us, and from other third parties. By "personal information" we mean any information about you (such as your name, address, email address or other contact details), which you or third parties provide to us that can identify you. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it explains what we will do with your data. By using our website you confirm your agreement to these terms.
- Personal Information We Collect:
When you register with our Site we collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number ("Contact Information") and, should you submit additional information pertaining to a job vacancy or work inquiry, we also collect and retain that information.
- How We Use Your Information
The information you provide through this Website will be used to respond to any inquiries, comments or information you send to us. With regard to the submission of information pertaining to any job vacancy, we may use the information provided by you to assess your suitability for the role or any other role we have open. We may provide your information to other divisions in our group if we believe that your skills better match their needs than ours.
- Information Sharing
We may share aggregate information on the use of our Website with third parties (including other divisions in our group), but this will not include information that identifies you. We engage third parties to process data on our behalf.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
The third parties engaged are for distinct purposes: To collect aggregate and anonymous data on the use of the website; to store information provided regarding employment opportunities with Parsons Brinckerhoff, and to allow visitors to our Site to share and link to pages and information provided herein.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Parsons Brinckerhoff is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information and
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- User Access and Choice
If you have provided personal information to us and your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to have information retained by us, you may correct, update, amend, or ask to have it deleted by contacting us by email or postal mail. Please find our contact information and inquiry form HERE. We will respond to your request to access ("Personal Information Request") within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your registered account is active and/or as needed to provide you services or information requested. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Cookies / Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small text files stored by your device when you access most websites on the internet. This small amount of data often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive.
We use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies - these expire when you close your browser and do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies - these are stored in the longer term on your computer. They are normally used to make sure the site remembers your preferences.
For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that preventing cookies is likely to impact the functionality or performance of this Website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through it. If you choose to prevent cookies, we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through this Website or be sure how this Website will perform during your visit. Preventing cookies will also affect our ability to update this Website to cater for user preferences and improve its performance.
The type of cookies we currently use on this Website are Performance Cookies. Performance cookies allow us to update this Website to cater for Website user preferences and improve performance. They collect information about how this Website is used; e.g., which pages users visit most often and where error messages are delivered. These cookies don't collect information that identifies individuals. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers' or Users' personal information.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Additional Information
- Links to 3rd Party Sites
- Social Media Widgets
- Contact Us
All comments, queries, and requests relating to our use of your data are welcomed and should be addressed to our Corporate Communications team: http://www.pbworld.com/global/contact.aspx
One Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119